- Balanced, Heavy Duty, Cage-guided Globe-Style Control Valve
- Maximum performance in severe service conditions
- Single and Double stage Lo-dB / Anti-Cavitation Trim
- Repairable in line
- Dependable globe-style control valve solutions for maximum performance in severe service conditions
Brannon Gant – Control Valve
Technical Sales Manager
p. (225) 278-0022
Reciprocating Cage Guided Valve
Masoneilan 41005 Series
41005 Series Cage-Guided Globe Valves
Excellent Performance and Reliability
Masoneilan 41005 Series cage-guided control valves from Baker Hughes provide highly dependable, field-proven performance for a variety of critical process control applications in industries such as power, onshore and offshore oil and gas, petrochemical, and refining. The valves’ rugged design delivers excellent performance even in severe conditions.
High Process Yields
The 41005 Series provides excellent throttling control performance resulting in efficient process output and high process yields. The balanced trim construction reduces the resultant forces acting on the valve plug, which decreases the actuator thrusts required to move and position the plug. Even at high temperatures, the use of low friction Teflon® packing further enhances throttling performance. This is made possible by the extended packing box design in the standard 41005 Series bonnet.
Lower Operating Costs
Dependable control valve tight shut-off helps minimize the loss of valuable process fluids and potentially can eliminate the need for separate isolation valves. In addition, excessive valve-seat leakage can lead to premature trim wear and reduced
The 41005 Series is available with a pilot-balanced trim option for tight shut-off (Class V) at high temperatures, and a soft-seat design for bubble-tight (Class VI) shut-off in accordance with ANSI/FCI and IEC specifications.
Standard hardened trim materials in the 41005 Series provide excellent wear resistance and long life, even under high-pressure and high-temperature conditions. Various trim options are available to control and reduce the potentially damaging effects of noise and cavitation. Overall valve reliability is also enhanced with minimized application of soft goods such as gaskets and seals.
Addressing environmental concerns surrounding fugitive emissions from industrial plants, Baker Hughes offers low-emissions packing options for all Masoneilan globe valve designs, meeting various global and regional requirements. The EPA-compliant Masoneilan LE* Packing design also is available in a fire-safe version.
- Design Simplicity
- Sizing and selection are simplified with the versatile 41005 Series valve design, which provides various trim options in a common platform to handle a wide range of applications. This also allows users to easily modify, upgrade or change the trim style in the field by simply replacing trim components to accommodate changes in process conditions.
- Compact Design
- Compared to equivalent valve designs, the 41005 Series offers ease of handling and installation with a compact, low weight, and low profile assembly. Valve orifice sizes are configured for capacity and noise performance, while body bowl dimensions are streamlined resulting in a highly efficient valve package.
- Ease of Maintenance
- Simple top-entry access to the 41005 Series trim components provides a maintenance-friendly design, which is further enhanced with the quick-change trim construction. The versatility and reduced number of parts used in the 41005 Series design can help reduce overall plant inventory costs. Making maintenance and repairs even easier, there are no special components, such as shims, required in the assembly.
- Advanced Digital Performance
- Greater control resolution and accuracy are available when the 41005 Series is supplied with smart valve instrumentation such as the Masoneilan SVI*II AP or the Masoneilan SVI* FF. Since both instruments are available in single- or double-acting configurations and offer advanced control technology, they provide higher precision for pneumatically actuated control valves. In addition, Masoneilan’s ValVue* smart communications software provides real-time preventive and predictive diagnostics data that helps to ensure critical control valve asset availability and to maximize end-user return on investment.
Design Flexibility & Key Features
Standard options in the 41005 Series product line
High-Capacity Globe or Angle Bodies
- Lo-dB* Noise Attenuation Trim
- Anti-Cavitation Trim
- Single and Multi-Stage Trim Options
- Pilot-Balanced Tight Shut-off Trim
- Reduced-Capacity Trim
- Soft-Seat Trim
- Tungsten Carbide Trim
- Low-Emissions Packing
- Extension Bonnets
- Cryogenic Design
- NACE-Compliant Configuration
- Spring-Diaphragm or Piston Actuation
- Advanced Digital Positioning and Control
- Reduced Actuator Size and Thrust Requirements
- High-Pressure Drop Capability
- Smooth and Efficient Throttling Process Control
- Large, Streamlined Body-Bowl Design
- Maximum Single-Port Orifice Sizes
- Flexible Flow Characterization
- Optional High-Capacity Version
Heavy Cage Guiding
- Valve-Plug Guiding Over Full Stroke Range
- Excellent Trim Alignment and Dynamic Stability
- Enhanced Guiding to Reduce Mechanical and Flow-Induced Vibration Effects
The Masoneilan 41005 series valves’ rugged design delivers excellent performance even in severe conditions. Standard hardened trim materials in the 41005 Series provide excellent wear resistance and a long life even under high-pressure and high-temperature conditions. Various trim options are available to control and reduce the potentially damaging effects of noise and cavitation. Dependable control-valve tight shutoff helps minimize the loss of valuable process fluids and potentially can eliminate the need for separate isolation valves. In addition, excessive valve seat leakage can lead to premature trim wear and reduced performance.
- Sizes: 2” through 24” (50 through 600 mm)
- Ratings & Connections: flanged: ANSI 150 – 2500, UNI-DIN 10 – 400; welded: BW or SW; screwed: NPT 2” (50 mm)
- Body Material: carbon steel; stainless steel; chrome-moly
- Actuators: model 87/88 multi-spring diaphragm; model 37/38 spring diaphragm; cylinder
- Trim: balanced cage-guided trim; Lo-dB, anti-cavitation and VRT (Variable Resistance Trim), single and multiple cages are available
- Inherent Characteristics: linear or equal percentage
- Description: The 41005 Series is a heavy-duty valve design with balanced trim configurations. It offers cage guiding for added stability.
We also provide full service on this and any other brand and model of Control Valve.
Call 800- 256-7373 now.
Click here for the OEM description or contact us today to learn more.